DIRECTIONS FOR GETTING TO WOODHULL INSTITUTE RETREAT CENTER
From New York City by Train
A group of participants will leave from Grand Central Station for every Woodhull retreat. Metro North – Harlem Line goes to the Wassaic Train Station, where a Woodhull car will pick you up if you are traveling with the group. Approximate travel time from Grand Central Station to the retreat center is 2 hours.
If you are traveling up to the retreat center by train independently, please call the office at (646) 495-6060 for assistance in making arrangements for travel from the train station to the retreat center.
The retreat center is also accessible via Amtrak. Rhinecliff is the closest station and is approximately an hour by cab to the retreat center.
From New York City by Car
• From Manhattan, take the West Side Highway north.
• Go through the toll and to the Saw Mill Parkway north.
• Take the Saw Mill Parkway north until you reach the exit for the Taconic State Parkway.
• Go north on the Taconic State Parkway. You will be on the Taconic State Parkway for about an hour and a half, depending on travel time.
• You will pass one Highway 82 exit that says “Hopewell Junction”. DO NOT TAKE THIS EXIT. Take the second exit for Highway 82 which says “Hudson/Ancram” which you will reach after approximately 45 minutes travel time after the “Hopewell Junction” exit.
• Make a left onto route 82 and go through the town of Ancram.
• Keep following 82 until you are through the town of Ancram. About one mile after Ancram, at the foot of the road, is a gray house with yellow shutters on the left (it is the first left turn after you leave the town of Ancram). Turn left at this house onto Wiltsie Bridge Road. (Drive slowly as it is a country road, with not much around, so could easily pass the turn off.)
• Travel for approximately four miles down Wiltsie Bridge Road. You will go over a little bridge.
• After the bridge look for the Somer Hoff Farm, a set of red buildings very close to the road on your right and left. The driveway for Woodhull will be a dirt road just past the farm on the right. Turn right at the sign for Woodhull. Mailbox 351, for a small ranch house, will be on the left.
• The retreat center is approximately one mile up on the right.
• Take the I-90/MASS.PIKE towards Boston/Albany, NY.
• Take US-20 exit – exit number 2 – towards Lee/Pittsfield.
• Turn left onto US-20.
• Continue on US-20 to get onto MA-102 W.
• Turn slightly left onto US-7.
• Turn right onto MA-23.
• Turn left onto MA-23/MA41.
• MA-23/MA41 becomes NY-23.
• Turn left onto NY-22.
• Turn right onto County Road 3. There will be a large Citgo Gas Station at this corner.
• Continue on County Road 3 until you come to a fork in the road. Stay to the right this will take you onto Wiltsie Bridge Road. (If you see the Pond Restaurant you missed the turn off)
• The Woodhull Institute is approximately 5 miles on Wiltsie Bridge Road. At mailbox 351, and the Woodhull sign, turn left onto the dirt road and drive about one mile to the retreat center.
**Please know that this area of Columbia County is very rural; city dwellers may not be used to such wide open stretches! Don’t be daunted by the space. You may think that you are driving for too long, but keep watching for the indicated signs and you will arrive without problem.
Albany and Westchester Airports are the closest to the retreat center. However, we do recommend that you fly into New York City – rates tend to be cheaper if you land at LaGuardia or JFK. You can easily get into midtown Manhattan from either of these airports and join the group that will be leaving by train from Grand Central Station. Please allow at least one hour time to transit from either airport to Grand Central Station.